Assistant Store Manager- FT or PT
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for promoting a sales culture and driving sales goals, acting as a role model, exceeding customer service standards, executing visual merchandising direction, recruiting, developing and retaining a strong selling team. The Assistant Store Manager will participate in daily store operations and perform all management functions in the absence of the Store Manager.
Selling with CARE Responsibilities
- Provide and model excellent Selling with Care expectations which include: strong product knowledge, maintain salesfloor awareness and ensure that all customers are treated with the highest level of Care; resolve all customer concerns and requests quickly and effectively
- Possess business acumen and support Store Manager in executing action plans to improve sales; communicate daily goals to Associates
- Support achievement of selling goals including plan, comparison, credit card and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Participate in the execution of projects, tasks and ensure that all corporate office memos and instructions are read, executed and filed within the given timeframe
- Assist Store Manager in building brand awareness and promoting company image through partnerships and activities within the community, the shopping center in which the Store is located and by planning and executing grassroots marketing activities
- Support Store Manager in the implementation of all retail activities within the store including: focusing on sales, customer service and utilizing all brand loyalty tools to grow store’s business including store online ordering
- Make management decisions, perform all management duties and day to day store operations in cooperation with and in the absence of the Store Manager
- Assist Store Manager in upholding company visual and marketing presentation standards per VMU including store standards
- Assist Store Manager in proper coaching and training of Associates in selling techniques, POS procedures, visual standards, sale set ups, store maintenance and marketing programs
- Hold Associates accountable for delivering performance expectations and following all policies and procedures ie. Loss prevention and Code of Conduct
- Set examples in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational skills, selling skills and work habits
- Identify, recruit and attract top talent; partner with Store Manager to develop and retain a qualified staff
- High School Diploma required
- 2 years work experience with at least 1 year in retail
- Women’s fashion, visual presentation or merchandising
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make decisions in the best interest of the business
- Excellent knowledge of retail selling skills and strong sales ability
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
Christopher & Banks is a well-known specialty retailer that has been making women look and feel their best for 60 years. We pride ourselves on offering classic, styling, lasting quality and great value. Our stores are bright and inviting and our Store Associates assist in making each customer’s shopping experience enjoyable through genuine and honest wardrobe selling. We provide a fresh and colorful mix of clothing and accessories for every season, creating versatile looks that work for her lifestyle. As of March 18, 2016, we operate 514 stores, in 44 states, consisting of 64 Christopher & Banks stores, 57 stores in its women’s plus size clothing division C.J. Banks, 315 Missy/Petites/Women stores and 78 outlet stores. The Company also operates the www.ChristopherandBanks.com website.
We believe that every customer, who enters our store deserves and exceptional experience. We accomplish this by hiring the most talented individuals for our retail stores and corporate office. If you work best in an environment of teamwork and genuine collaboration, are motivated, and are ready to help build a best-in-class consumer brand, we encourage you to apply and become a member of our team.
Areas of Responsibility